Process is a collection of coordinated activities that lead to accomplishing a set goal
Oleg distinguishes the following attributes in his description:
- Activities - activities defining this process
- Shared data/context - defines mechanism to share data and facts accomplished by the activities
- Transition rule - defines which activity comes next after the end of previous activity, based on the registered facts
- Execution Decision - defines mechanism to enforce Transition rule
- Initial data/context (optional) - initial state of the shared data to be operated on by this process
This is actually very similar from what we experienced in designing batch processes using SpringFramework at Swedbank.
I'm happy to see that what we did looks very similar to the example from the article.